Comment on page
100% Stacked Stepped Area Chart
In this article, we will explain how to create and customize a 100% stacked stepped area chart. So let's get started!
A 100% stepped stacked area chart is a chart that visualizes multiple series of data as a stacked area chart, with each series represented by a different color. The data is displayed as a series of stacked areas that are connected by steps rather than a continuous line, and the y-axis is scaled to a range of 0 to 100%. This gives the chart a distinctive stepped appearance and makes it easy to see how each series contributes to the total at any given point in time.
Here is an example of a 100% stepped stacked area chart with multiple series:
In this example, a 100% stepped stacked area chart is used to show the trend in fruit sales over a period of time (e.g. months or years). The x-axis represents time, and the y-axis is scaled so that the sum of all the data series is equal to 100%. The chart includes three data series: sales of bananas (represented by a solid line and filled area), sales of apples (represented by a dashed line and filled area), and sales of oranges (represented by a dotted line and filled area). The data series are stacked on top of each other to show the contribution of each category to the total sales. The lines connecting the data points are angled in a staircase-like fashion.
1) The configuration shown illustrates how to map the time period on the x axis and the sales on the y axis in order to generate the line chart.
PS: You can change the sequence of stack series by changing the order of the series in the data mapping section as shown above.
2) To customize the appearance of an area chart, follow these steps:
- 1.Click on the "Customize" tab
- 2.Go to "Series" and select the desired data series
- 3.Select the desired customization options, such as color, line type, line thickness, point shape, point size, data points, dual axes representation, and more
This allows you to tailor the appearance of the chart to your specific needs and preferences. You can customize a variety of options to create a chart that effectively communicates your data and insights.
100% stepped stacked area charts are often used to compare multiple series of data and to visualize how each series contributes to the overall total. They can be particularly useful for showing the relationship between different variables and for highlighting changes in data over time.
There are a few useful tips to keep in mind when using 100% stepped stacked area charts:
- 1.Make sure to clearly label the chart and include a legend to explain the different series.
- 2.Use a clear and readable font for the labels and axis ticks to make it easier for readers to understand the chart.
- 3.Use consistent colors for each series to make it easier to differentiate between the different data sets.
- 4.Consider using a stacked bar chart or a stacked area chart instead of a 100% stepped stacked area chart if you want to show a more continuous trend over time.
- 5.Use a meaningful time scale for the x-axis, such as days, weeks, or months, to help readers understand the context of the data.
Infinity offers many customization options for your chart. To access these options, click on the customize tab in the chart builder screen. This will display a list of customization options.
Here is a list of notable customization options for the line chart.