Comment on page
You don't need a RDBMS or SQL database to work with Infinity. In this article we will explain how anyone can work with data, even if the data resides in Excel.
To work with excel data, you will need to upload the data to the built-in native BigQuery database within Infinity.
To begin the import process, choose the
icon and select the
option from the left navigation bar.
In the Create New Chart window, drag and drop your excel or csv file into the upload windown (or) browse to upload the file from your local folder.
Follow the screen prompts, rename the table as desired and hit the UPLOAD button.
A new table will be created to house the excel data, using the Table Name specified in the Upload File window. The table will be available for analysis under the Uploaded Files section.
Once the table is created within Infinity, the data from excel can now be visualized within the platform. To learn more about creating a chart within Infinity, please check out the section on creating charts.
Consider the following while formatting your excel or CSV file for upload:
- 1.Column headers/names in the top row
- 2.Avoid using spaces in column headers
- 3.Avoid starting column headers with a number
- 4.No grouped columns or merged cells
- 5.Only one worksheet per excel
- 6.File formatted as an .xlsx or .csv
- 7.Avoid cells shouldn't contain #NA, NaN, null values. Blank out these cells
Once a table is created via the file upload process, you have several options to maintain that table:
- 1.Append more data to the existing table
- 2.Refresh the data in the table without deleting the table
- 3.Deleting the table
All of these operations can be performed from the data source section on the create/edit chart screens. Navigate to the Uploaded Files section under Data Sources.
Next to each table name, there is a menu of maintenance operations available for selection
Alternately, you can perform Append and Refresh operations by uploading the file and selecting the relevant option from the file upload dialog box.