Comment on page
In this article we will explain how to connect a BigQuery database to Infinity. So let's get started!
...then select the BigQuery option.
The Create Data Source window appears.
The Datasource Name field is the nickname you want to assign to this connection and is used for display within your workspace.
In the Data Set ID field, enter the ID associated with the Google BigQuery database.
To enter the Google BigQuery service account credentials, select the JSON file you previously downloaded from Google and upload it to Infinity.
To finalize the connection, just hit the Save button.
After your BigQuery database is successfully connected to Infinity, you can always select it from the Datasource page to make any changes or add additional configurations, as needed.
In order to connect to Google BigQuery, you'll need to:
- 1.Select an existing Google Project or create a new one;
- 2.Create and configure a Google Service Account; and,
- 3.Create and save a JSON key.
We'll walk you through all of the steps above so that you can get started using your Google BigQuery database connection!
What is a Google Project?
A project organizes all your Google Cloud resources. A project consists of a set of users; a set of APIs; and billing, authentication, and monitoring settings for those APIs. So, for example, all of your Cloud Storage buckets and objects, along with user permissions for accessing them, reside in a project (source
If this is your first time visiting the Platform Console, be sure to select your country and accept the Terms of Service.
On the Google Cloud Platform Console, ensure that you are logged in to your correct Google Account.
The Platform Console will display any existing projects — feel free to select an existing project if desired.
To create a project, select Create Project.
In the Project name field, enter a name for your project — this will become your project ID.
Once a project is selected, Navigate to IAM & Admin > Service Accounts > +CREATE SERVICE ACCOUNT.
The Create service account page is displayed.
- 1.Enter the name for the service account in the Service account name field.
- 2.The Service account ID field will automatically populate based on the defined account name.
- 3.Enter the description as needed for the service account in the Service account description field.
- 4.Hit CREATE AND CONTINUE
- 5.Hit DONE
The service account is created and displayed in the Service Accounts page.
Now that the service account is ready, we are ready to generate the JSON key needed to connect your BigQuery database to Infinity.
Select the service account of interest and select the Manage Keys option.
On the Keys tab, select Create New Key
On the Create private key screen, select the JSON option for key type and hit CREATE
The JSON file will be downloaded. Please note the location of the file as you will need it later to establish the connection within Infinity.
From the Google Cloud Console, navigate to IAM & Admin > Admin > Permissions.
icon on the service account of interest
On the Edit Permissions window, select the permissions as needed.
- Please granting BigQuery Data Viewer and BigQuery Metadata Viewer roles.
- If you are an enterprise customer and want to take advantage of Forms integration and DB writeback capabilities within Infinity, we require that you grant the BigQuery Data Editor role as well.